Wall of Warmth Coat Donations
Is your closet filled with some coats you would like to donate? We are on a quest to keep East Idaho warm by giving hundreds of coats to those in need!
Three years ago local Realtor, Valorie Blanchard, wanted to do something to give back to the community. So the Wall of Warmth was dreamed up. With the help of her clients and the community, they gave away just short of 600 coats the first year and over 5,000 coats last year to people in need. This year in conjunction with Good 2 Go and the Brad Hall Foundation, wall is again expanding to cover locations in all of Eastern Idaho. The goal this year is to provide over 6,000 coats!
There will be a Wall of Warmth set up in Rexburg, Idaho Falls, Blackfoot and Pocatello. The coats will be all hung on a fence for people in need to anonymously come and take one. Community members are welcome to bring any coats and hang them on the fence also. We just ask that you only take one per person in need so that everyone that needs a coat can get one.
If you need a coat, take one. If you have a coat, please donate! The wall goes up on November 15th and stays up till December 1st.
Anything that will help those in need stay warm is welcomed. Last year there were coats of all sizes, ski pants, scarves, hats and gloves. As long as it can keep someone warm and be hung on the wall, we will donate it. Please no regular clothing items.
If you would like to help out by donating a coat, here are the drop off locations:
- REXBURG: Idaho’s Real Estate, City of Rexburg, C-A-L Ranch Store, Good 2 Go Convenience Store (next to Burger King), Harrison Ranch & Rodeo Supply (College Ave)
- RIGBY: Tadd Jenkins Chevrolet, Good 2 Go Convenience Store (both locations)
- UCON: Good 2 Go Convenience Store
- IDAHO FALLS: Action Motor Sports, Austin Kade Academy, Lyle Amado Barbershop, C-A-L Ranch Store, Good 2 Go Convenience Store (4 locations)
- SHELLEY: Good 2 Go Convenience Store
- BLACKFOOT: Bingham Healthcare, Tadd Jenkins Dodge, Nate Baldwin State Farm, C-A-L Ranch Store
- POCATELLO: Streamline Chiropractic, Teton Honda, Children’s Dental of Pocatello, Physical Therapy Specialists of Idaho (Pocatello & Chubbuck), HUX Gun Shop, The Free Clinic, Good 2 Go Convenience Store and C-A-L Ranch Store
You can find the Wall locations at:
- REXBURG: West Main Street outside of the Legacy Golf Course. Just East of John Adams GMC. Please park at the Legacy Golf Course and walk over to the Wall.
- IDAHO FALLS: Lincoln Road, just west of Action Motor Sports
- BLACKFOOT: N. Meridian Street, directly across from C-A-L Ranch Store
- POCATELLO: 151 N 4th Ave, in the Streamline Chiropractic parking lot